Subject: Re: [Leica] Proposing a voluntary posting limit
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 14:23:40 EST

Noel Wrote:
"Arturo, why would banning LTM discussion on the Leica list reduce the
number of messages? A quick search on the recently introduced search
engine under LTM, thread mount, and screw mount showed a total of 2150
messages, out of a total 33959 with Leica as a subject. That is 6%, I
suspect a very small fraction of threads such as filter/no filter, or the
useless speculations about what Leica SHOULD build.
I beleive there is more than 6% of the list subscribers that use LTM
bodies or lenses, and we certainly don't waste much bandwidth.
I have been able to put together a system, with 3 50 mm lenses, a 35, a 90
a 135, a closeup attachment, lens hoods and 2 bodies for less than the
price of an M6. I get to use Leicas, and explore a lot of the possibilties
of photography with a system, antiquated as it may be, try that with a M6
body and no lens!  :)
Noel Charchuk"

Dear Noel:

My LTM comment, obviously purely a joke (and the word "screw" had everything
to do with it!).  Truth be known (and although I have never used anything
older than an M4), I have great respect for the entire Leica lineage.

However, I do believe honest subject lines will help everyone delete certain
topics on days where you haven't the time to read everything.

Cheers,
Arturo