Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: archiving
From: "phong (Doan huu Phong)" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 18:13:07 -0500

Hi Charles,

  This is an issue about privacy, not one of litterature.

  I take this stuff seriously because I am weary of my government's
  and big corporations' intrusion into the lives of individuals.
  It's like a bunch of friends sitting around the table and then someone
  pulls out a tape recorder, "just for the record".   It has nothing to do
  with how (in)valuable Mr X's writing is.   Would you, especially
  as a journalist, extend the courtesy of respecting other people's
  privacy ?

  One of the saddest moments in my LUG participation is the fiasco
  when one member directed the attention of the LUG to another
  member's posts about his alternate (for lack of better word from
  my part)   lifestyle, in a totally unrelated forum.   The new search
  engine recently put into place makes it much easier to look for
  posts from a particular individual to scrutinize.

  So when a fellow LUG member wants to preserve his sense of privacy,
  I am very apt to respect his wish.

  Sincerely,

- - Phong