Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Leica] Why R sales down...
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 12:35:47 -0600 (CST)

Chalk up another correct observation by Harrison.  I send students
to a camera store for a meter, they come back with no meter but
with a Korean house brand lens.  AFTER I WARN THEM THAT THIS'LL
happen.  The salesmen get "spiff" money for selling certain
items, and they don't know/care s#$t from shinola, anyway.  BUT!!!
better this system than any other!  We Americans show daily
that we have no taste in anything we buy, why should cameras
be different?  May the buyer beware......Usually NOT!!!  I just
hope enough people buy Leica so I'll have used bodies and lenses
I can afford in 25 years.......worked for me so far....
CU later,
Walt