Subject: RE: [Leica] Best photography books
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 16:34:13 -0500

Yes indeed - there are two terrific Eugene Smith books out there...one is
from Aperture and about half the book is an extended essay/biography...This
was apparently the catalogue that accompanied a massive Smith show that
toured in the mid-late 80s. The second book has far more photos...I believe
the second is called E. Eugene Smith, I'm not sure of the title of the
first...the photos in both are amazing...lots of Pittsburgh stuff, and work
from As Out My Window I Sometimes Gaze...plus the Country Doctor and Midwife
essays....