Subject: [Leica] Other rangefinder cameras
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 19:06:14 -0000

Ted, Mike,

I must admit that the Nikon and Contax (Kiev included) r/fers leave me cool
(not quite totally cold). I've tried an SP, thought I'd enjoy it but sent it
back, I've just found an old Contax II (too cheap to resist) with a Sonnar
but it does little for me.
Did they ever focus without shredding your fingers? Or have I just had two
old dogs that needed a good oiling? Seems to me that their design requires
rather more gears to get the lens to turn if you're not turning it directly,
wasted effort for a single finger rather than a finger and thumb directly on
the lens.
I can't imagine Nikon still have the tooling available, this is story,
'Least Likely to...' in '99.

Jem