Subject: RE: [Leica] I.R. Collector
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 19:22:09 -0000

Mike,
'I am Weasel' was v. enjoyable the one time I saw it.
I share your experience with photography and cameras. I too would love to
'find my way back to the garden'. (Joni Mitchell, 'Woodstock')

I sometimes wonder (and I'm sure its been mooted before) that we can spend
far too much time here, on the LUG, instead of making pictures.

Do you think that this was the problem that the 'rich man' had when he
contemplated going to heaven? He couldn't bear to get rid of all his
material wealth so that he could really free himself up to enjoy life?
We can't bear to get rid of 95% of our camera gear to enjoy photography once
again?
Thankfully, its probably not that bad for us but exaggerations are often
made to prove the point you understand...

best regards,

Jem