Subject: [Leica] RE: 21mm S/A metering mod
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:15:31 -0000

Final follow up on this.

Several more checks last night confirmed that the metering works fine on the
modified Super Angluon 21/3.4-M, providing:
a.	you rack out to minimum focus before metering
b.	you add an extra stop to the reading shown

So it's not perfect but its fine for me, no more do I have to take the lens
off the camera to make a reading.

Regarding a.	If you leave the lens at infinity the cell can't see enough
of the white spot on the shutter blind.
Regarding b.	This is perhaps an easier factor to deal with than a 1/3 or
1/2 a stop as promised.

best regards,

Jem