Subject: [Leica] thank you
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 98 17:24:06 -0800

I am now holding in my hand, trying to keep my tears of joy from
dripping on it, and trying not to let the people at my office see me
cry, a chrome Leica M6 (serial 2426267) and a collapsible Elmar-M
2.8/50 (serial 3727389). This is the first new camera I have ever owned
in 40 years of photography; its arrival will probably cause my Leica
IIIf to join my Argus C3 on the display shelf.

I want to thank all of you for this; I've hardly ever felt this
appreciated. And I'm going to say a more wordless "thank you" by
implementing a new feature of the mailing lists that I've been mulling
over; I will probably have it working by the first of the year and I
promise you'll like it a lot.

Special thanks to Jim Brick and Marc Small for driving this effort; you
guys are fantastic.

Brian Reid
system operator for the Leica and Rollei lists