Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmarit 90 R/Reflections
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 11:35:04 -0600

>But the Elmarit will probably be a heck of a lot cheaper!  And if we're
>talking about the current Elmarit, it isn't exactly chopped liver.

That is a good point. And sure, it's a great lens. But I just don't see why
anyone would buy one if the 90 APO ASPH is there, and there isn't a
significant difference in price. What was Leica selling the Elmarit for
when it was discontinued? Maybe it wasn't popular because the 100 APO Macro
cut into its market? Lots of reasons why. It's not like Leica users are
shopping to save a hundred or two hundred dollars, eh? If they are, they're
not buying new anyway.

And on top if it all, who can figure out why Leica does much with any accuracy?
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

He prayeth best, who loveth best all things both great and small; For the
dear God who loveth us, He made and loveth all.

"Rime of the Ancient Mariner"