Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V5 #8
From: Bob_Maxey@mtn.3com.com
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 12:53:11 -0700

>>6.  Leica is SO removed from the reality of the world of photography
> that they don't have a CLUE what is going on, what is wanted/needed
> by REAL photographers.  They sit at the top, with their "collectors'"
> items, and make what the hell they want.  We buy it (if it's M-system)
> because there isn't a viable alternative.

So give us some facts to support your thesis. I think it is OK to sell
collector items, just as long as they continue to make great cameras. I am
sure you would moan and complain and whine if we could go back in time and
discuss their gold plated screw mount model offered so many years ago?
Personally, if any company can develop a market for commemorative products
and sell them, so be it. It is capitalism at its finest and I am all for
that, too.

As far as a viable alternative, there are many. There are great used
cameras out there and well worth the price. The alternitive that is not an
alternitive is that new japaneese model mentioned on this list. It is NOT
Leica.

RM