Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmarit 90 R/Reflections
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 15:08:24 EST

BD wrote:

<< What you look at as an "entry level" package is
 WAY beyond the means - or at least the willingness to spend >>
BD:

Entry level, meaning, bringing current SLR users into the fold.  I think a
$1,000 body and $1,000 zoom lens could do it.  From my experience, a Leica
system is a lifetime commitment.  This is where Contax shines, in that they
have entry and pro level bodies and lenses--a place to start.  For Leica, I
don't think first time camera buyers are the target, unless they have gobs of
cash!

Arturo