Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron 1:2/35 (Canada) & filters
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 22:18:31 -0800

Rob Studdert wrote:

>I almost feel that my post may me slightly off-topic given the lack of
>equipment oriented posts over the last week or so, anyhow I would like to
>determine how I may mount filters for B&W photography on my Canadian
>Summicron 1:2/35 as it doesn't seem to have filter threads?
>
>The 12504 hood clips into place nicely on this lens, might I have a special
>hood adaptor screwed into the lens filter thread that has bound or does it
>only accept push on filters?

The 12504 comes apart (unscrews) to reveal an aperture for series VII
filters, which is convenient as you can quickly take the filter off. The
lens itself should be equipped with E39 threads unless it has been
modified. I don't know of any 35 Summicron that didn't have those threads.
The pre-aspheric 35 Summilux didn't have threads, but all other 35's did.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com