Subject: [Leica] LUG netiquette- slight change in subject matter.
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 09:43:21 -0500

Hey Nathan!
Gosh, I hope you don't think I was picking on Oddmund. He like the rest of
us is a tangle of contradictions. Like is he really that left leaning? He
owns a vineyard which he rents for income- classic example of a capitalist-
some one who own income producing property! I think that he is like me in
many ways- a passive aggressive personality who likes to tweak the nose of
convention just to get a rise out of the LUG. Personally, I think he is a
breath of fresh air.
Now, if we can just get Alfred Bruell to come back ( he has a very nice,
apolitical website! :) .)
My only problem with the LUG is that some people take life too seriously,
and are too easily offended- some of us would never have taken the ribbing
that Ted got for cleaning his lenses with his old "undies". I figure that in
a hundred years, no one will care what camera I used, what car I drove, the
kind of house in which I lived, or what I ate or drank. So it is for most of
us.
We should have fun, take pictures, eat cookies, try to love our fellow man
even when we desperately want to wring his neck, and really see if we can do
something that will be remembered! Trivia: Timothy O'Sullivan- Famous
Photographer. What brand camera did he use? ( I am sure one of you can find
the answer, but it is for his grand images that he is known- not what he
used.)
WHOOOA! I just fell off my soap-box!
Dan
dwpost@msn.com