Subject: Re: [Leica] Indian Leica Photographer on Nokia Ad
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 14:42:47 -0300

At 10:02 PM 03/12/98 +0800, you wrote:

>Just saw a picture of a Leica Photographer with a M3 on a Nokia
>Advertisement in the latest Times magazine.  His name is Raghubir Singh and
>has published 13 books.  He is the first Indian Leica Photographer I've
>come across.  Anyone knows him?

        Raghubir Singh is a very prominent photojournalist based in India.
Over the years he has worked for most of the worlds notible publications. I
recently saw his work about India in some National Geographic while doing
some research about the region.

        Another well known photographer of Indian origin (with a Canadian
connection) is Dilip Mehta.
A member of Contact Press Images and is based in New Delhi.

cheers,
Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
<http://www.straylight.ca/locke/>
"I've finally figured out what's wrong with photography.
It's a one-eyed man looking through a little 'ole.
Now, how much reality can there be in that?" -- David Hockney