Subject: [Leica] Re:M6TTL user report
From: apbc <apbc@public1.sta.net.cn>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 98 22:24:27 +0800

I may not be the first, and I hope I am not the last, to get one but with
my new M6TTL I am a happy LUGGER!

Last week in Hong Kong I was lucky enough to get one of the first M6TTL
0.72 bodies (dontcha just love the way we call them - used to be just "a
Leica" or "a Nikon".)

Well, I like it a lot, partly because it's my first new Leica for 12
years, and partly because I can finally use it for much of my work, which
involves flash and colour transparencies.

For a start the meter is right on - unlike my other two M6s which are
neither consistent nor accurate enough for me to feel confident in the
meter for Velvia or Astia. Yes they've been checked and even replaced a
couple of times (on one body).

The shutter dial is big-GOOD

The shutter dial turns the wrong way-BAD, BAD, BAD.

The shutter dial has a "B" setting and "OFF" setting that do the same
thing - bizarre.

BAD NEWS- I am on my third set of batteries in a week - could be
coincidence, could be M6TTL blip....

Oh yes the TTL flash (with Metz 40MZ) is predictable and straightforward,
like a Nikon 10 years ago...

Adrian Bradshaw
Editorial and Corporate Photography
Shanghai, China