Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Request for Advice
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:13:39 -0800

Bud,

Well I own an XA and have taken it around the world as a backup.  My
pictures on slide film were superb.  Yes, they were not Leica quality, but
projected to a very large wall size image they held up.  I have had my XA
repaired 3 times since I first bought it in 1982  (clumsy me, I dropped it
on occasion.) It is not built like a tank, but smaller than most and very
useful as a backup.  It is certainly smaller than comparable P/S including
the Leicas.  For shaprest photos the lens is best at F8 and F11.  I try no
to use it wide open, where (like most other lenses including some Leica
lenses) it is not good! :-(
May I suggest you get your wife's XA checked at a reputable repair place,
perhaps even at Olympus if they still repair them. Perhaps the camera is out
of sorts.

Peter K