Subject: Re: [Leica] Found a pre-production M4-2 today...
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 13:09:26 EST

 The really early M4-2's, the first 'pre-production" ones, also had an another
distinct feature. The coupling for the M4-2 power winder had only one cut-out,
rather than the common two cut-outs of the later ones. I have no idea in what
# range these fall, but all that I have seen have the 'red dot" on the
housing.
 Has any one ever seen a M4-2 power winder with only one 'tooth" on the drive?
I made some of the early Rapidwinders (brass housing with # on them) to
accommodate this version. This was before they became collectible and were
just plain "old M4-2's"
Tom A