Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Wrist Strap
From: Gerd.Hechtfischer@t-online.de (Gerd Hechtfischer)
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 12:44:53 +-100

>Why do you think this better than a loop strap which just attaches to the strap
>lug?

The disadvantage of the simple sling I have is that the camera swings
freely as it is only supported in one point. A strap that is connected
to the strap lug and the tripod thread would not allow free swinging.
Another nice thing is that when you change rolls, such a strap would
prevent the baseplate from falling down.
However this idea is just theory - haven't had the chance to try it yet.

Regrds,

Gerd