Subject: Re: [Leica] lenses
From: "Mikiro Mori" <arbos3@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 21:38:43 CET

CNICOLIN wrote:

>Has anybody compared the Leica SLR lenses with Contax/Zeiss SLR line ?

I had used both lines side by side for several years in small systems.

35 mm/f2.8
Z (Zeiss) feels sharper than L (Leitz) at f2.8-f4.
50 mm/f2(1.7)
Z feels sharper than L at f2.
60 mm/f2.8 and 90(85) mm/f2.8
Z and L are both sharp at all apertures.

Aside from what makes one feel sharp, images by Z are vivid and clear,
while those by L are massive and sculpturesque "to my eyes".  Now I
prefer L, and keeps an R and a couple of lenses.  This is my "subjective
and qualitative" impression, and I can tell nothing about color, since I
take only B&W.  I am very much interested in what other LUGgers feel.;-)

Mikiro
Strasbourg, Alsace
Visit my gallery at
http://members.tripod.com/arbos3/cigogne/index.html