Subject: Re: [Leica] [no Leica] not so Porsche anology
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:56:41 EST

Dan:

You betcha, I am your friend and I am so glad that you are enjoying it.  Run
some tests on exposure and development if you want to.  I am not in any hurry
to get it back.  As long as I have it by the 20th I'll be just fine.

I 'll keep my eyes open for one for you.

Bob

P.S.     T&S Wednesday?

<< Well- I went to a wedding this past weekend, as a guest not photographer,
 and one of the other guests showed up with his wife in a 1963 4 cam coupe,
 in the original Porsche silver, unrestored but in showroom condition- made
 me remember why I loved the car when I was in high school. I also thought
 they were way overpriced, so I never got one.
 To keep it on topic- I also took a Noctilux which a dear friend loaned to me
 (At least I think I'm a dear friend- because if I had a Nocti... I wouldn't
 loan it out to just anybody!).
 In printing the negs, I had the impression that I could have gotten by with
 another notch on the speed dial- some negatives were just about OVEREXPOSED.
 You may find it hard to get a used one- I haven't seen too many. Apparently
 anyone who gets a Noctilux bonds with it and keeps it until death doth part
 them! Given the few used ones that I've seen out there, however, I am
 inclined to believe that most owners choose to be buried with their Noctis
 when they pass.
 Recently I've seen two used ones- one at KEH for $1389, and one mint in the
 box somewhere else for $1995. Once the bug bites you, you are a goner!
 Dan
 dwpost@msn.com