Subject: Re: [Leica] How often CLA
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 12:33:25 -0600

Marc,
I'm not sure I agree with you that today's cameras are more reliable than
M2's/M3's or even M4's.  My M3 has been used continuously for 32 years and
it's been dragged all over the world in ever kind of condition and
conveyance.  It's had one CLA in all that time and Leica recently looked at
it and said to leave it along, it was just fine.

I had an M2 for a long time that was never touched and never failed.

A long time ago it was said that Leitz in NY would strip a camera completely
and replace any worn parts before reassembling it.  I don't know if this is
simply heresy but I always liked the idea that it happened with my M3.
Regards,
Bud