Subject: [Leica] Re: KINOPTIC lenses
From: Akhil Lal <alal@bcc.cuny.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 19:33:42 -0500

leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

There is more to flare than just the coating. Internal light baffles,
non-reflective interior surfaces, etc. also play a significant role.
Furthermore, an objective designed with deeply curved elements will
exhibit more flare than one designed with shallower curves.

I assume it is the optical design itself, not neccessarily the coating,
that is responsible for a major part of the flare.

Regards,
Akhil Lal
alal@bcc.cuny.edu

			-SNIP-