Subject: [Leica] Introduction
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 22:02:34 -0600

I don't know if its customary to introduce oneself to the
Leica User's Group list, but I would like to do so now.

My name is Mark Hammons and I just joined the list
this morning.  I have owned Leicas now for about 4
years and am a member of the Leica Historical Society
of America (LHSA).  My first Leica was a CL which
I purchased so I could have TTL metering.   I subsequently
have picked up 5 SM bodies -- a wartime IIIC, 2 postwar
IIIC's, a IIIF and a IIIG Canadian.  I have grown to really
love the look and feel of those SM cameras!

I have to confess that my SLR system is not Leica, however.
I have an Olympus OM system that predates my first
Leica and I have chosen to stick with it for my SLR work.
I do this largely because to me the OM is philosophically
similar to Leica -- Innovative in design with a premium
put on optic design.   In fact, the way I found this
group was that one of the members posted on the
OM group last night looking for some information
on adapting Leica and OM lenses and bodies -- so
I know I'm not alone.  :-)

Lastly,  I would like to know what the policy is on offering
items for sale. I noticed some posts that seem to imply
that items are to be posted only Fridays -- is that the case?

Anyway, good to be on board and look forward to being
on the list.

Mark Hammons
Plano, TX