Subject: [Leica] Re: How often CLA
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 15:54:05 -0800

I think the answer to this (in my own words) somewhat ridiculous thread, is
simple. If your cameras almost survived an environmental disaster like Tina
just experienced, send in your gear. If you have a Bovine incident, CLA the
recipient. If your camera is acting funny (ha ha), have it CLA'ed.

Otherwise go take pictures.

I believe someone said "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." This is good
advice. The way many of you baby your equipment... UV filters over the
lens, Pledge or carnauba on the body, in a hermetically sealed vault most
of the time... You'll never have to have your equipment "CLA'ed". Even
after a Bovine attack! Like it's dipped in Teflon.

Does Clinton belong to this list?

Anyway... all kidding aside, I think that CLA is something you do if
irregular symptoms appear. Or if you buy an old camera, with an unknown
history, and want to make sure it is "in tune". Or you trash it (not on
purpose.)

Otherwise, take pictures.

Jim

PS, if Ted takes 100 rolls per month, and you take 1 roll per month, and
Ted has his equipment checked at 5 year intervals (or never), you should
have your's checked every 500 years, or never. Whichever comes first. ;-)