Subject: [Leica] M6 RF at infinity, Sandy's question
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 17:54:07 -0800

Hummm... mine does not do this. If I focus on a large radio transmitting
tower, several miles away, on a hilltop, the image lines up perfectly when
the lens hits the infinity stop. this is one of the first things I tested
when I got my 35/1.4 ASPH . My 90/2.8, 50/2 and older 35/2 also line up
perfectly. I tried an M6HM in March that did not line up on objects that
were at "Leica" infinity. Leica Solms email, to me, said that the image
*should* line up at infinity. And that I should have the camera repaired.
It wasn't mine. The owner had it repaired.

How old is your M6? Is it a HM? Passport?

Jim