Subject: Re: [Leica] Non ROM Lens on R8
From: SP <spaniel@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 13:06:50 -0800

I have the recently released 28-70 mm zoom and 80-200 mm zoom ROM lenses and, when I change the focal length settings up or down on both, my Metz 40M-Z3 acknowledges
the changes and automatically resets itself to reflect same in order to subsequently calculate the flash thrust need. Thus, this is one of the features and benefits of
the ROM contacts.