Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Bubbles and quality
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 11:57:50 -0700

- ------=_NextPart_000_004A_01BE24FD.7A1D02C0

Ted Grant notes that:
And paying for and using Leica glass with bubbles is no big deal! I =
would
venture to say there are multi thousands of Leica lenses about the world
with bubbles!

I can recall talking to old-timers (or experienced photographers, if you =
prefer) who felt that bubbles were a mark of quality. They were never =
concerned about the performance of the affected lens. One fellow used to =
point out the bubble in his view camera lens with apparent pride. It =
does seem, based on visual inspection, that a bubble would have a bad =
effect on a lenses' quality, but the experts agree that bubbles do very =
little harm.
SIncerely,
Joe Stephenson

- ------=_NextPart_000_004A_01BE24FD.7A1D02C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Ted Grant notes that:</DIV>
<DIV>And paying for and using Leica glass with bubbles is no big deal! I =

would<BR>venture to say there are multi thousands of Leica lenses about =
the=20
world<BR>with bubbles!&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I can recall talking to old-timers (or experienced photographers, =
if you=20
prefer) who felt that bubbles were a mark of quality. They were never =
concerned=20
about the performance of the affected lens. One fellow used to point out =
the=20
bubble in his view camera lens with apparent pride. It does seem, based =
on=20
visual inspection, that a bubble would have a bad effect on a lenses' =
quality,=20
but the experts agree that bubbles do very little harm.</DIV>
<DIV>SIncerely,&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Joe Stephenson<BR>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_004A_01BE24FD.7A1D02C0--