Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder focus Check
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 01:17:25 -0500

Tom-
When I've had to check the focus- and didn't have a ground glass ( I usually
have one from an old junked SLR viewfinder) I used some Scotch Magic mending
tape. It is translucent, and I put a piece, drawing it as taut as possible,
across the upper and lower "rails" on which the film is clamped by the
pressure plate.
Using the 'B' setting and a locking cable release, I hold the shutter open,
focusing first with the rangefinder, then checking the image projected on
the piece of tape with an 8X loupe. I've even checked the focal plane of a
Rollei TLR- with a longer piece of tape. As we used to say - " It's close
enough for Government work...."
Dan   :)
dwpost@msn.com