Subject: RE: [Leica] CLA - Incredible Leicas -50 below!
From: "Tim Atherton" <timphoto@nt.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 13:36:55 -0700

Actually, Yellowknife isn't too(!) bad. Checked for today, and sunrise was
10am and sunset at 3pm. Almost as bad is that the sun hasn't shone for about
4 weeks so I can't even go out and photograph the northern lights at night.

Mind you, my partner had to go up to Goa Haven above the Arctic Circle for
work this week and she said the sun didn't actually come up!

It does get a little hard to be motivated to go out and photograph - if you
want to send that Noctilux up here Ted, maybe it would provide some
inspiration!

The one consolation at the moment is that it unseasonably warm at -4c.

And I must say, when the sun is out, and the hoarfrost is on the trees, or
you look out across the frozen white expanse of Great Slave Lake and the low
sun is surrounded by sundogs, then it's stunning (mind you, like Greg, at
this time of the winter I start dreaming up ideas for projects in the
Caribbean!)

Tim

Tim Atherton,
Tim Atherton Photography,
PO Box 515,
Yellowknife,
NT, X1A N4,
Canada.

Ph/Fx 867.669.9874

DOCUMENTARY * REPORTAGE * EDITORIAL * ARCHITECTURAL