Subject: [Leica] development figures
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 12:39:13 +0100

>Seems long and hot...please let me know how it turns out.  I was hoping
>Erwin would post his times/temps from his testing....

I posted  a test of the D3200 with all details on the Lug some time ago.
The times are 10 minutes at 20 degrees C in undiluted (stock) D76. EI is
1600, but 1200 gives the ultimate in shadow details. If you use Xtol
extrapolate from the D76 to the Xtol times.
Do not believe the XTOL datasheets. They produce very thin negs. My trick
(that works quite well) is to use the development time of as example the EI
1600 and then expose as EI800. This works for all: time 400 (ei of 200 etc.
With a bit experience this gives a  good basic value

The figures of the German Profifoto magazin must be taken with care. It is
impossible that the 1600 and 3200 indices can be used with the same time
(7min) without severe density loss in the EI3200.

Erwin