Subject: Re: [Leica] consolidating my photo system....
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 20:46:16 -0600

>I just wish Leica
>would update the wide angles to ASPH.

Francesco,

ASPH isn't a cure-all. I really doubt the 19mm 2.8 could be significantly
improved in any case and justify itself as being significantly better
without the price becoming even high by Leica standards. The 35mm 1.4 is a
superb lens, and second only to the 35 Summilux ASPH. I've owned two of
them and loved them. But it does vignette. We shall see. They can't update
all their lenses at once. They've been working over the M system because
some of those lenses became more dated than the R compatriots. The R
system's time will come. The thing is, settle down and get used to one
system! :-)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"...nostalgia ain't what it used to be." ...unknown