Subject: [Leica] Re: Legal links
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 21:38:03 -0800

Send email to Vic Perlman (ASMP Counsel) and ask this question. Better
yet, call him on the phone. I have, numerous times. He is really nice and
will advise you as to how to solve the problem.<br>
Jim<br>
At 11:32 PM 12/13/98 -0500, you wrote: <br>
I have already posted this question on PhotoPro and they are debating it
furiously.=A0 I would love to have your opinion also.=A0 What can or should =
do?<br>
Someone alerted me that my web site was linked to something called
Boylinks at:<br>
 href=3D"http://www.fpc.net/boylinks/picture.html"=
font color=3D"#000000">
I sent them an e-mail and asked them to remove the link. They sent the=
 following reply:<br>
Dear Tina Manley,<br>
Boylinks provides links to sites that are already in the public domain and=
provide information (including images) of boys. For this reason your site=
qualified for inclusion.<br>
I must point out that while your site remains in the public domain I am <br>
unable to consider removing this link.<br>
yours sincerely,<br>
Blinker<br>
While my photographs on the site are copyrighted, the entire website is not.=
 What are my rights? Can they do this?<br>
Thanks -<br>
Tina<br>
PhotoPro seems about evenly divided between &quot;free speech&quot;(they can=
 say whatever they want) and &quot;libel&quot;(they can't say anything about=
 you that you don't want them to).=A0 Since the site doesn't actually copy=
 my photos or the web site but only points to it, it isn't really a=
 copyright issue; however, I don't want my site linked to=
 &quot;Boylinks&quot;!=A0 What should I do?<br>
Thanks for your help -<br>
Tina<br>
Tina Manley, ASMP<br>
 eudora=3D"autourl">http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html</a><br>