Subject: Re: [Leica] consolidating my photo system....
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 08:17:56 -0600

>I seem to remember
>from when I had my R8 that the R8 shutter is not so loud anyway.
>The main M feature I will miss is portability and compactness.

You are right. The R8 is pretty quiet by slr standards. But it might be
because it doesn't have a built in motor. Something people here consider a
liability, but I find very good. Other than the fact that it would be nice
to have a motor attached. If it was as quiet as an EOS Elan and fast as an
F5, then I'd say go for a built-in motor. Otherwise, leave them off!

Glad to see you make the choice to the R system for the right reason. More
versatility. Now, put a moratorium on buying and selling for at least 6
moths and live with your system for a while. Get to know it.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Ted Kennedy