Subject: Re: [Leica] [No Leica] Legal Links (?)
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 18:03:29 +0100

Paul Schiemer wrote:
>...<CUT>.....
>   If being 'maligned' with a site you find objectionable is so terrible,
> change your URL or drop it all together.  Or, on the other hand, maybe
> you could remove the material they find so provocative?  Have you paused
> to consider you might be promulgating the 'problem' after all?

Paul,

This is not a helpful conclusion to an otherwise presomptuous post.
Tina's problem is a real problem and is something threatening any site
devoted to photography. She is right in consulting us and any other
photography forums and lists in her search of ways to preserve her own
good reputation. The filth sellers are damaging the whole Internet
community. It is right for the Internet community to find ways of
defending itself against them, and ultimately against government
censorship. Some useful technical suggestions have been made here by a
lugger that might enable those links to boomerang into the face of those
using them, and that might end up being useful to every member of the
LUG.

My thanks to Tina for bringing my attention to a problem I did not know
existed.