Subject: Re: [Leica] No more PMK 25 - Nat Geo..
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 12:50:27 -0600

>It would seem then a bad business move to abandon
>Kodachrome entirely.  A better solution would be to improve the product
>and make the processing more quick and convenient for users.  A K-14
>emulsion with PKM's same sharpness and grain, but with a stop or two
>increased speed (and perhaps K-200's pushability), and I doubt anyone
>would miss even the 25 speed if it were subsequently discontinued.

Exactly what I'm saying. Kodak has a lock on a technology that gives them
an edge nobody else has, and they have squandered it. Let's hope they wake
up. But they're probably too busy trying to keep Fuji from keeping prices
down to realize anything else.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"Call me a bigot but I think all racists are inferior."