Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Re: KINOPTIC lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 17:38:16 -0600

>You say this light does not scatter. What does
>it do? How does it improve optical performance?

Leica has said that to multicoat every element can degrade image quality.
That some times the formula calls for single layers on some elements. Erwin
has yet to disagree with that. I suspect that you are as much a victim of
other manufacturer's propaganda about their multicoating as you think I am
of Leica's. I've yet to see any manufacturer who knew more about coating
than Leica except maybe Zeiss. I don't have to have an optical engineering
degree to trust Leica's word.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO