Subject: Re: [Leica] Still and motion pictures
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 09:44:10 -0700

Not so crazy as it sounds, think! Many times, I have seen corporate press
releases reissued, sometimes almost verbatim, as news stories, without any
clear indication as to the source, or any critical analysis to separate fact
from hyperbole, except maybe in some of the big city papers. Particularly
when this reworded press release is attributed to a news service, it gains
new credibility, and I think that's just plain wrong.

For what it's worth, my own bias is not so much to fear a government
intruding into our lives, as it is of mega media corporations who own those
who would raise a dissenting voice to their keeper, reining them in, not
from fear of being whisked away to some Gulag, but of being "downsized" from
being a thorn in the wrong person's side.

Jeff Segawa
See my photography online at
http://www.netone.com/~segawa