Subject: Re: [Leica] Luggers are dangerous
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 05:34:30 EST

Nathan:

This only confirms my belief that there is a network of LUGGERS that get
kickbacks from Leica.  Now we can add Lucien to the list.  Several months ago
I accused Ted and Eric of this.  Have you ever noticed that each week a
particular Leica item is brought to the group for discussion?  Last week it
was the ungodly expensivie 70-180  Vario Apo Elmarit-R F2.8.  Even I became
interested in the lense because of the pletora of positive comments.  I got
over it real quick when I finally figured out that I couldn't even lift it.  I
bet Leica is out of stock due to the rush on them.  Of course, the Noctilux
has been on the top 2-3 list for months.

Nathan,  of course you know that I'm joking.  The group has been wonderful and
unselfish to share their experiences, recommendations and tips on all Leica
products.  It has been very helpful to me and the bottom-line is that it has
probably saved money by making good decisions.  You will love your Noctilux.
Dan Post and I have come to the conclusion that the Noctilux creates light.
How it does this we will never know.  It is very easy to over-expose your
negatives with this lense and I can't explain the reason.

Enjoy your new favorite lense.

Bob Bedwell

<< Alan,

 Yes, the LUG is indeed harmful to one's bank account and Lucien is one of
 the more dangerous characters around. I too have benefitted from his
 generosity by borrowing his M3 for a few days back in the early summer when
 I was considering whether to buy one of those; also he lent me his Lager
 books recently and let me shoot some pix with his Noctilux some months ago.
 Most recently, Lucien faxed me a sheet from a Dutch dealer who had a mint
 Noctilux at an excellent price and was located near Maastricht, only about
 1h15min drive from here; so, yesterday I went there, took a look at the
 Nocti and bought it! Thanks Lucien!!

 Having said that, when my wife complains about the cost of my Leicas, I
 point out to her that the value of the equipment in my camera bag is roughly
 equal to the value of her jewelry, and the jewelry doesn't take pictures ;-)

 Nathan