Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 HM Viewfinder
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 06:54:40 EST

Tom:

I don't think that the problem that you explain is exclusively germaine to the
HM.  I experienced the same problem.  After adding a +2 diopter the problem
cleared up immediately.  I use glasses for reading only and I just couldn't
see well enough to align the rangefinder images.

Bob

<< Lug Members,

 I spent a little time today trying to focus with a M6 HM
 & a 90 lens.  I don't remember the viewfinder "patch"
 being so difficult to focus. Outside of the patch, all
 objects are very crisp; inside the patch, when the
 vertical lines coincide & you can barely tell when
 they coincide, everything is visually "irregular".

 Would a diopter correction take care of this; or is this
 just a messed up viewfinder?

 Tom D.