Subject: Re: [Leica] strange SLmot!
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 10:07:06 -0500

Thib et Lucien-
My SL-Mot (Black) is serial number1295122 and Sherry dated it from 1970 when
she CLA'd it this Summer. It has the metal lens release tab, not the red
plastic one, and there is no cut off switch for the meter.
It may be hard to pin down the exact numbers- Leica had just barely gotten
into the SLR business, and I think there may be a lot of unused numbers, or
re-cycled ones perhaps, that just don't show up in the books. I wonder if
Leica has any records of these years?
Dan
dwpost@msn.com