Subject: Re: [Leica] first time M6 user
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 13:09:18 EST

I will agree that the optical quality of the latest Leica M 21 ASPH or
90/2.8 is superior (at 2 or 3 widest apertures at least) to the mentioned
Nikkors whose designs go back more than 20 years and cost about
one-fourth as much.  The neophyte M6 user should be cautioned, however,
that using a 90 or a 21 on a rangefinder takes *bags* more experience to
handle well on a rangefinder than a 35 or 50.  Without that "learning
curve" the old 105 or 20 on a Nikon (or any such lenses on any SLR) might
give better initial results.

Regards,
Nigel

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998 08:14:34 -0600 Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
writes:
>> I'll take it on faith that the lenses
>>are good, but there are some lenses in my Nikon lineup (105/2.5,
>20/2.8)
>
>Thanks for the comments on your experience with the M6. As for this
>particular comment. In their day, these lenses were without peer. I've
>used
>both of them. I can assure you that Leica 90s and 21s are going to
>change
>your mind.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]