Subject: RE: [Leica] Elmar-M 2.8/50
From: drbledsoe <drbledsoe@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:39:53 -0800 (PST)

- ---Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com> wrote:

>>Images from this lens are very good.  No complaints in this
department.<<

I'll second that!  Mine is as sharp as my Summicron... at least as far
as it goes in terms of the measurement tools I have available to me
(my eyes and a 10x loupe).

>>Interestingly, the collapsible Elmar is almost the same size as the
50mm Summicron.  You really don't save that much space or weight with
the Elmar lens.<<

I have the black (aluminum) Elmar and that version is lighter than my
black Summicron.  In the collapsed position mine is also definitely
smaller (more compact) than the Summicron.  Especially without the
lens hood on the Elmar.  And that is one of the attributes I was after
when I bought the new Elmar, compactness when I need it (carry in a
jacket pocket).

Regards,
Don