Subject: Re: [Leica] APO 2X extender and 70-180
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 07:02:17 -0800

Ben Ho wrote:

>I can live with f4 apeture but I must admit I am getting greedy about
>the idea of adding a APO 2X extender to get 140-360/5.6.
>
>Does anyone know how is the performance of the APO 2x entender on the
>70-180/2.8 at wide open?  (If I need to step it down to f8-11 to get so
>so performance, I rather go for the 80-200/4 and forget about the 2X
>part.)>>>>

Hi Ben,

The 2X works beautifully with either lens and as far as the 70-180 go for
it and the extender as you can't tell the difference whether it's on or not
for what it cuts on film.

I use mine in this fashion quite often and I don't even have the Apo 2X
extender.

A very solid tool for picture taking.

ted

Ted Grant