Subject: Re: [Leica] Dark room paint and other misc.
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 12:06:54 -0500

Mary-
You might get some use out of that paint yet!
I got a large canvas drop cloth at the local Home Depot- about 15'x20' for
$30.
I will spray paint it with gray latex paint, and when the weather gets
warmer, I'll lay it in the drive way, and put a 'faux' sponge highlight area
on it for a backdrop. I did this with a piece of artist canvas when I
painted my house brown and antique ivory 20 years ago, and I still use it
for a 'Rembrandt' look.
Incidentally, I took a Kodak Grey Card to the same store, and they advertise
they can match any color- They read the card, and mixed me a quart of Kodak
Gray Card gray- I took a swatch and read it on the X-rite 810 densitometer
at work and it was within .01 of a perfect gray!
Useful for checking color balance!
Great to hear your darkroom is fixed up, I hope we get to see some of your
work.
Happy Holidays to y'all!
Dan
dwpost@msn.com