Subject: [Leica] 28mm frame
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 22:16:38 -0800

[Nigel wrote]

>If you consider the entire finder (beyond the 35 framelines)
>it is basically what the 28 frames show in an M6.

Nigel,

I have often used the outer edge of my M2 viewfinder to frame my 28mm shots
when I was too lazy or too pressed for time to dig out my 28mm viewer. It
has always seemed to work quite well, but I never have found anyone who even
used that shortcut much less any one who might tell me how close that ad hoc
"frame" is to what is actually framed by the lens. They "look" quite the
same. Do you know what the actual difference is?

- --Gib