Subject: Re: [Leica] Need Help With Rome Trip
From: Francesco Ricci <ricci@sodalia.it>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 19:15:58 +0100

Richard Clompus wrote:
> I am making a trip to Rome with my family for 8 days.
>
> Can anyone suggest the most important things to see in Rome from the
> perspective of a photographer?  Can you photograph in the museums without
> flash?

Dear Richard,

there are so many things to see in rome that you would need a whole life

I'm not "romano" but you might consider to go to:
- - Piazza Navona: this is particularly interesting in Xmas period because
of the "befana". The befana is an old woman that brings gifts to the
kids (in Italy we believe to that mad stories 8^)
- - Fontana di trevi: you might remember "la dolce vita" (the tender life)
and Fellini's movies
- - Trastevere: in the middle of the city you feel like in a small village
- - Fori Imperiali: the old ruins of the roman empire
- - Vatican: many strange black "uniforms" ...
- - Via Veneto: that may be important from a photographic point of view.
Paparazzis (scandalistic photographers) used to patrol that street,
looking for celebrities.

Anyway, enjoy your trip, you'll find plenty of opportunities to shoot
with your leicas.
ciao

- -francesco
Francesco Ricci