Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] M and R "standard" lens
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 07:58:29 -0600

>Yes  Canon  did just come out with the 35, but the 24 has been out for
>awhile now. As has the 50 and 85. The 85 was even available in the old
>FD mount.

Yeah, I know about all that stuff. Just forgot temporarily. And it's good
glass no doubt. The 24 is unique, and the 35 ought to be great. Their 35
f/2 is one of the best 35mm lenses around, just behind the 35 Summilux and
Summicron ASPH and 35 Summilux R for image quality. But the 50 1.0 and 85
1.2 USM lenses are very slow focusing.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO