Subject: Re: [Leica] I Object
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:57:51 EST

Some very meaningful and moving photographs are made every day with
cardboard disposible single-use cameras.    The reference made was meant
to contrast the *technical* demands of happy-snapping relative to those
encountered under pressure of a professional assignment.  Of course
applying professional techniques to those happy-snaps couldn't hurt
them...in which case the Tri-Elmar, M6TTL/SF20 would fall short of the
the images.  I feel as poorly if not worse when pictures of my daughter
do not "come out",  as with any professional assignment.
Regards,
Nigel

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:36:01 -0500 Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
writes:
Re: [Leica] Tri-elmar

>> And for the happy-snaps for which all three of these items are
>basically
>> suited: a ridiculously slow lens (for its focal range), a TTL-flash
>> camera with 1/50 sync, and a low-power flash with no bounce
>capability.
>>
>	I want to respectfully object to the frequent reference to
>"happy-snaps."  Many people take wonderful and moving pictures of the
>people
>and events that surround them every day.  One needn't be sitting
>court-side
>with an R8, o.k., an F5,  or trekking through Nepal with an M6 to take
>moving and meaningful photograph.  Also, one needn't be shooting on
>commission or assignment to take remarkable photographs.  I find the
>"happy-snaps" designation to be disingenuous at least.
>
>		Buzz

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]