Subject: Re: [Leica] "standard camera"
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:59:23 -0500

Francesco,

          >>the R8 is the best SLR I have ever used<<

Viewfinder clarity ( uniform ground glass screen ), almost
non-existent mirror vibration, & a judicious mass promotes
spontaneous photography.

In working a Victorian festival, with my R8s ( 35 f2 & 80 f1.4 );
a  newspaper pro ( with Nikons ) saw my gear and asked to
look through my Leicas. His quote:  "My God, what a brilliant
& uncluttered view. What an aid to composition".

& now we have camera bodies with viewfinders that embody
the zenith of computer technology..........40-50 focusing points!
Heaven forbid that a photographer should rely upon their
visual "sense" (&>) !

Tom D.