Subject: [Leica] Arrogant ?, was: "standard camera"
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 12:20:35 +0100

Nigel B Watson wrote:

> For the record, I am not a "Nikkor type".
snip
> In my opinion some Leica lenses may be
> superior to some Nikon lenses at some f-stops, etc., but I think it would
> be laughably arrogant for me to state unequivocally that Leica lenses are
> better than Nikon and furthermore that that justifies all else that is
> wrong with Leica.  It would be tantamount to saying that I can see what
> 95% of the world's photographers (pro and amateur) cannot, and I am not
> *quite* that arrogant.

Nigel,

But some Nikonist are arrogant:

<http://www.nikonhs.org/collect.html>

Read this:

'Why Nikon?

'Why anyone collects Nikon cameras has many answers, ...
'snip
'...
'The Nikon "F" was cool, sexy, romantic, no other camera has ever come close!
'Leica may have invented 35mm but Nikon made 35mm important!

A different point of vue !

;-)

Lucien